Dreamers 2020 Flash Fiction and Nonfiction Contest
Submit a flash fiction or nonfiction story of between 300 and 1000 words for your chance to win! The winner will receive $150 CAD and 2 copies of the Dreamers magazine.
In a flash story, it’s important to make every word count. Keep the idea of movement in mind and stay focused on propelling the story forward – concentrate on the hook, the climax, and the conclusion. And remember, although it’s very short, it’s still a story and as such, it should have all the standard elements of a story – plot, character, conflict, etc.
Submit 1 story per entry; enter as many times as you want.
The winning story will be published online and in print in our fall 2020 magazine!
We will select up to 3 honourable mentions (at the Editors sole discretion) that will be published online. Each runner-up will be paid our standard $20 CAD honorarium.
Entry Fee: $12.50 USD (approximately $15.00 CAD). Entry fee includes a copy of the Dreamers eMagazine.
- Due date: September 30, 2020.
- Submit 300 to 1000 words of fiction or nonfiction.
- We are looking for unpublished, original writing (previous publication on a personal blog is fine).
- By accepting publication, you grant Dreamers Creative Writing non-exclusive electronic and print publication rights, including the right to publish on our website, in our archives and anthologies, and in our magazine.
- Authors retain copyright and may republish following first publication by Dreamers. Dreamers asks for exclusivity for 30 days.
Enter the Flash Fiction and Nonfiction Contest today!