Dreamers Creative Writing is dedicated to writing that is from the heart.
Livin’ the Dream
As a small and thriving farmhouse glampground located just outside Sauble Beach in the village of Hepworth, Ontario, we are proud to offer a unique and enchanting experience for visitors from all over the world. With our literary theme, lush Secret Garden, and friendly herd of Nigerian dwarf goats (the Brothers Grimm), as well as our 3 little pigs, the Dreamers Writing Farm is a charming one-of-a-kind destination that leaves a lasting impression on all who work or stay with us.
As a small farm-based business, we take pride in our ability to provide a welcoming atmosphere that fosters creativity, inspiration, and a sense of community. We believe an inclusive and supportive environment for everyone is possible, and Dreamers is based around that possibility.
Although we are family-run, we occasionally offer contract positions. Find below all open job postings at the Dreamers Writing Farm.
Job Postings at the Dreamers Writing Farm:
Housekeeping and Maintenance Worker
Otherwise known as Dreamers Beautification Specialist…
We are excited to announce a new contract seasonal position available from May to September for a Housekeeping and Maintenance Worker, otherwise known as Dreamers Beautification Specialist. If you are hard working and reliable, have a keen eye for detail, and love working in a friendly and laidback environment, we invite you to apply for this unique opportunity at the Dreamers Writing Farm. In addition to working alongside a supportive and talented team, you can also enjoy all that our beautiful location has to offer, including our outdoor open-air shower, communal firepit, and the natural beauty of our gardens and woods. We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to our team!
In this seasonal contract position, you will perform simple maintenance and cleaning duties in guest rooms, public areas, mini goat and mini pig paddock, and the grounds of our literary arts-based hospitality property located in Hepworth, Ontario, Canada. This is an onsite and in-person position, and all work is hands-on. All necessary tools and equipment will be supplied. You must provide your own accommodations and reliable transportation to get to and from work.
This is a seasonal contract position for May to September, minimum of 20 hours per week up to full-time (typical shifts are 9 to 5 with a paid 30 minutes for lunch, or 11 to 3), paid hourly with paid breaks, and weekends are required as that is our busiest time of the week. You will have two consecutive days off during weekdays with occasional weekends off as requested.
- Complete basic maintenance duties and deep cleaning to maintain the cleanliness and repair of guest rooms and public areas.
- Complete minor repair work such as replacing light bulbs, patching vinyl, unclogging toilets, repairing picnic tables, replacing faucet washers, etc.
- Clean and stock our guest washrooms and outdoor kitchen.
- Cut, whipper snip, weed and water the lawns and gardens.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions and/or requests.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Requirements include basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Completion of high school diploma or related vocational training is preferred.
- You will be required to work weekends.
- Must be capable of carrying, lifting, pushing, or pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Capable of frequently bending, crouching, kneeling, climbing, and crawling, frequently standing and moving around the property, and frequently handling equipment to maintain the property.
- Ability to act as a team player.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities.
- A cheerful, upbeat attitude and a sense of humour, especially for dad jokes (so many dad jokes 🤓).
- $15.60 to $18.00 per hour, dependent on skills and experience.
- Paid on contract. We will provide all required paperwork for tax purposes.
- Training is provided.
- Possibility of future work contracts, based on seasonality.