The Worst Drunk Poem I’ve Ever Written
– Poetry by Laura Mota –April 29, 2019
I found in the pocket
of the jeans I wore last night
a yellow note:
from the triple g&t
an obscene straw points to her.
one more mental romance.
the lemon was laying as a fetus in the glass.
then took my phone
and booked an appointment
with a therapist.
it is time to talk about him.
About the Author – Laura Mota
Laura Mota is a Brazilian writer and photographer based in Vancouver Island, Canada. Her poetry has appeared in Portal Magazine, and a collection of her poems in Brazilian-Portuguese, Pseudocasos, was published in 2018.
Did you like this poem by Laura Mota? Then you might also like:
Baby Make Like a Tree
Dog Men (A Prison Story)
DR. NO RKVRY?
A Drop Like Wet Shellac
“In Her Garden” and “Fresh News”
The Space I Take
Things I’ve Learned on the Road
“Early Blossoms” and “Ontario Thaw”
To check out all the poems available on Dreamers, like this one by Laura Mota, visit our poetry section!
Subscribe to the Dreamers Magazine
If you like reading the stories, poems and essays on the Dreamers website, consider subscribing to our magazine! There’s so much great content inside:
- In depth-interviews with famous authors, like Governor General Award Winner, Stephen Heighton and Canada Reads Top 10 Finalist, Angie Abdou.
- The winning entries from our annual haiku contests and “Sense of Place and Home” short story contests.
- Lists of places where you can submit your writing, retreats you can attend, plus conferences, festivals, writing prompts, and much more.
- A wide selection of heartfelt poems and stories