Join us in Hepworth for a workshop dedicated to writing and healing!
– Sunday October 6th from 1:30 to 4:30 pm at the Dreamers Writing Farm –
Do you want to learn how to reflect inwards and unlock what you keep hidden, even from yourself? Find out how expressive writing leads to deeper self-acceptance and healing. In this workshop, participants will move through a series of writing prompts designed to explore themes connected to their lived experience. Using creative non-fiction and fiction, poetry and journaling, you will:
- Learn techniques for restorying self
- Explore approaches to self-reflexive writing
- Review contexts where writing is being used for personal development
- Share your writing with the course instructor and fellow participants (optional)
About the Presenter of the Writing to Heal Workshop Series
Kat McNichol is the Editor-in-Chief of Dreamers Creative Writing and the Co-Editor for the Journal of Integrated Studies. She is also a Director of Marketing-Communications in Waterloo and has spent the past 12+ years writing marketing copy for the high-tech industry. She holds a B.A. in English Literature, and an MAIS in Writing and New Media, and Literary Studies, and she is working on a PhD in Career Writing at the University of Tilburg in the Netherlands.
For more information about this workshop series, visit our events page on EventBrite.